💕SONGS AND/OR CHANTS💕
Songs and Chants are a dynamic part of an ELD lesson. Songs/ Chants set the stage for the lesson and help focus the learner on the vocabulary and grammatical structure you are teaching.
GROUPING: Whole class
OBJECTIVE: To introduce a song/chant
WHAT YOU NEED:
• Student copies of the song/chant
• The song/chant written on chart paper
HOW TO PLAY:
• Sing or chant the song the first time to your students
• Focus on pronunciation
• Anchor your student’s attention by teaching your students to “look at my mouth.” Help them make the correct mouth and facial movements as you help them pronounce words correctly
• Hand out mirrors and see if your students can make their mouth “look like yours” when pronouncing new words or difficult sounds
VARIATION: Gesture as you sing Sing one part more than once.