Multiplication facts are an important foundation for students to master as they move on to more complex mathematics concepts. But learning multiplication facts can be a challenge for some students. That’s where multiplication games come in! These fun and engaging activities will help your students master their facts while also enjoying themselves. Here are three of our favorite multiplication games.
Three Favorite Multiplication Games
Fact Fluency Bingo
This game is a twist on the classic game of bingo. Instead of numbers, each student will have a card with multiplication problems. As the teacher calls out the answers, the students will mark off the corresponding problem on their cards. The first student to get five in a row wins!
This is a tried-and-true method for memorizing multiplication facts. To make it more fun, you can place all of the cards face-down on a table or floor. Students can then take turns flipping over two cards at a time, looking for a match. When they find a match, they can keep the pair and take another turn. The student with the most pairs at the end of the game wins! Check out our multiplication games that have the cards you need for every factor 0-12 here!
This game is like regular War, but with multiplication facts instead of numbers.
- To play, each student will need a deck of cards with multiplication facts from 0-12 (aces are 0, 2s are 1, 3s are 2, and so on).
- Each player flips over the top card of their deck at the same time and multiplies the two numbers together.
- The player with the highest product takes both cards and keeps them in a pile in front of them.
- If there is a tie, each player puts three cards face down and flips over one additional card.
- The player with the highest product takes all of the cards from that round and adds them to their pile.
- The first player to run out of cards loses!
Mastering math fact fluency is an important skill for students to develop as they move on to more complex mathematics concepts. Multiplication games are a great way to help your students master their facts while also having fun! Try out these three favorite games in your classroom today. Download our great free MULTIPLYING BY 8 MULTIPLICATION GAME HERE!